WK Technical Illustrations started business in 1988 with already 9 years of experience in related technical illustration talents. Then called “Think in 3D” and serving local companies in Sudbury, Ontario, providing service to clients with mostly drafting needs in the hard rock mining industry. Creating sales drawings for Mining equipment and exploded parts pages for the equipment being manufactured was the majority of the work required at that time. Manufactured equipment consisted of 1 to 3 boom hard rock drilling rigs (Jumbos), roof bolters, personnel carriers and production mining drilling machines.
In 1994, the company moved to Edmonton, Alberta where the needs from Mining changed to the oil industry and construction. Still working with heavy equipment, business was dealing with attachment manufacturers and mobile crane manufacturers as well as supporting a few smaller welding shops in the area with their drafting needs. No job was too small or too big.
In 1996 the company changed its name to “WK Technical Illustrations” and worked on getting more long term contract commitments and has had many long term contracts in the past;
- Hard rock mining industry in 1988 to 1992 for Marcotte Mining in Sudbury creating anything they required, illustrations, schematics, as built drawings, and part of the drafting team for new design builds.
- Potash mining sector in Saskatchewan from 2007 to 2013 with a full time contract at Kenlin Design Group, designing equipment used in either plant or underground. Design work done using Autodesk Inventor.
- Oil and Gas industry from 2002 to 2007 with Crown/Stewart Stevenson, creating all the illustrations in AutoCAD and page layouts done in PageMaker used in their product manuals. CVTanks creating as built drawings and detail drawings for future builds.
- Heavy equipment industry from 2002 to 2004 with Terra Firma, creating all the illustrations for new products and helped develop their first web page.
- Mechanical installation for hospital track systems to lift patients from 2008 to 2013 with Blueleaf/Guldmann (under Contract with Kenlin Design) by creating all the installation drawings to install Guldmann Lift systems at various hospitals in Western Canada.
- Plus various odd design projects locally, (Sudbury Ontario from 1988 – 1993, Edmonton area 1993 – present) heavy equipment designs, illustrations, structural steel drawings, WK Technical Illustrations is pretty diverse.
Contact WK Technical Illustration today for your special design drafting or technical publication needs.